Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Monday, April 8, 2019

Reminding Myself Why I Do This Blog

I got a Kellogg's card in the mail today.



I had three reasons for starting this blog.  First, I wanted an easy way to find Kellogg's information when I am at a card show.  Why?  I can't keep track of all of the sets, packs, etc.  Adding my want lists to the blog was a goal.  If I had put the Japanese Kellogg's want list on the blog it would have been easy to find out if I needed this card.

Second, I wanted to spend time reading the backs of the cards like I did as a kid.  These are not an investment for me as much as they are a hobby, even if I do buy too many of these cards.  Am I a hoarder?

Lastly, I figured I'd also meet some collectors who are interested in Kellogg's cards.

The design of the Pujols card is one of my favorites.  I find these so rarely that I can't remember who I need.  I am collecting them in the package and out so that makes it a challenge.

Does anyone have these cards from Japan in their collection?

Japanese Kellogg's Sets - pictures front and back

8 comments:

  1. Very interesting. Is the writing on the back in Japanese?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat card. I’m always interested in Japanese cards. There does seem to be a small handful on the Japanese auction sites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No I don’t. But now I’m going to look for a couple

    ReplyDelete
  4. What Japanese auction sites? I need to check them out.

    Japanese writing - https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=1358078179899121483#editor/target=post;postID=1640937680593892015;onPublishedMenu=allposts;onClosedMenu=allposts;postNum=6;src=postname

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Thanks! Didn't know these existed. Bought a Ryan Howard from ebay this morning! One of my collecting goals is one of every 3d Card variety. Don't know if that's even possible but a Japanese 3d Kelloggs!?! Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have one. I have a 1968 Topps 3-d Willie Davis. It was in a box of 3d cards I bought at an auction - truly my best find ever. It's SGC Graded 92 NM/MT+ too!

    I believe the Brooks Robinson proof just sold for $20,000. I saw a Clemente once at the only National I ever attended.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's an awesome find. I got to hold a Clemente and the uncut sheet that Beckett had on display at the National a few years ago. I got pictures too.

    ReplyDelete