Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Sunday, September 18, 2022

I Finally Went to a Flea Market - It Has Been a Few Years

 The flea market that I prefer opened on Sunday and I was able to check it out.  Between COVID and a golf course job, I hadn't been to this place in a few years.


I enjoyed a nice walk through the place, even though it was windy and cold.  Lots of people were selling cards and even some Starting Lineups.  I picked up a few sets (1986 and 1987 Topps) because they were $3 and they looked to be in great shape.  


The $3 bin also had a couple of basketball sets from the junk wax era, but they had Jordans as well as a few cheaper insert sets so I grabbed them too.


That price led me to grab a few other smaller sets.  I didn't spend a lot of time checking the sets before buying them because if they didn't take the Jordans, they certainly didn't take out other stars.  

One 400-count box was labeled on the side as some football set that I didn't want.  When I put it down I noticed that they wrote Schilling on the side.  I opened it to find only Curt Schilling cards - 400 of them.  No rookies, but probably a nice lot for someone.  Who in Chicago kept all of those cards of Schilling?   Does anyone want to trade for a box full of Schillings?




No comments:

Post a Comment