Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Saturday, January 14, 2023

Kellogg's Cards - Grading and Cracking

 I purchased these two cards recently.  I don't usually seek out graded cards, but these came in a lot of 30+ cards.  


When graded as 10 by PSA, can I assume that they were not cracked?  What do the grading companies do with cracked Kellogg's cards?

I have no problem with damaged Kellogg's cards, but I don't see them as gradable if they are cracked.   A well-loved, played with card is fine for my collection, but if the entire card is cracked there isn't much to see.

Nothing against the seller here because these cards were shown as cracked in the listing.  The cracks take a lot more of the shine off of the card than I'd expect.  

Does anyone have graded cards that were fine, but now are cracked?  That has not happened to any of mine.

4 comments:

  1. Oh man... I sure hope my graded Kellogg's don't eventually crack. I'm a little scared to look. Anyways... this is so weird to see a PSA 10 card with cracks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some have mentioned that PSA will grade a curved card. Forcing it to flatten has been assumed to make it more likely to crack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting. I don't own any graded Kellogg's card, but I'm wondering if those were subjected to swings in temp often or maybe a really dry environment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've ended up with a bunch of graded cards over the years and this hasn't happened to any of them.

    ReplyDelete