Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Thursday, February 7, 2019

They Are Opening 1970 Kellogg's Packs

This vintage breaks stuff is crazy.  They get six people to pay for a spot in the break and then they open a 1970 Kellogg's pack.  Does anyone know what they charged per slot?

I went back from now to 12-28 and they opened 14 packs that I found.  Maybe I missed some?  I am adding that data to what I've gotten from the packs that I've opened. 

I would love to accumulate more data on what comes in each pack.  If anyone has the contents of a pack, especially in order, please send them along.

I think that I stored pictures of the 1970 Proof sheets on an external hard drive before my Macbook crashed.  I will try to load that here and see how the packs compare to the sheets.

One of my goals is to get a 75 unopened 1970 Kellogg's packs - one with each player in the set on the front.  That might be difficult if these guys keep opening all of the cheaper packs.  Will all of the other ones soar in price due to this trend towards opening packs? 

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoy your blog and also love Kelloggs cards I have a question How rare are unopened '73 cards? I am just fascinated that anybody would not open a cereal card back in those days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't see them frequently. There was a complete set of unopened 1973s on ebay this week and I hesitated long enough that someone else bought them. I'd guess that 1973s get opened more than other years for grading purposes. Why? There is no chance of the cards being cracked.

      Delete
  2. It's all about supply and demand. My guess is depending on how quickly this stuff is drying up, you probably will see a slight increase in value for unopened packs. That's assuming the demand for them remain strong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's difficult to figure out the demand for packs that don't have stars showing.

    ReplyDelete