Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Thursday, May 30, 2019

Kellogg's Artwork or Just a 1980 Kellogg's Card That I Can Read Without Magnification?





I'd seen this item for sale for a long time.  I finally bought it not really knowing much about it.  Here is what the listed stated -

"Original artwork and paste up for the front and back of the 1980 Kelloggs issue, featuring Darrell Porter.  Each artwork measures approximately 3.5" x 6.5", much larger than the issued card.  Front features what appears to be an original autograph using black marker.  The back has several pasted on features such as top and bottom black bars, Raisin Bran logo, Royals logo and XOGRAPH copyright line at the bottom.  Unique one-of-kind items."

I've seen a few different items that may reflect different phases of the productions of Kellogg's cards.  Does anyone know more about these items or other cards that are part of the production process?




I still need to check to see if there is anything on this card that differs from the actual card produced in the 1980 set.

5 comments:

  1. Interesting piece. Never seen anything like it. I wonder what's the deal with the Royals logo being glued down on the back. As for the signature... I'd question its authenticity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree on the signature. I paid for the item with that in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice detective work. I would like to get a few more of those items.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sheet is really cool. I like how each picture is reversed.

    ReplyDelete