Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Saturday, December 7, 2019

1980 Kellogg's Baseball Card Backs - #53 Buddy Bell

I've been reading the backs of Sportscaster cards and they are much more interesting.  Let's hope that the 1980 Kellogg's baseball card back gets better as I go through them. 



My first thought was Kevin Bell who played with the White Sox.  Oops.  He is from the Bell family tree - his dad was Gus Bell who played for 15 years in the NL and had 206 homers.  Buddy ended up with 201 homers.  Add Buddy's sons David (123 homers) and Mike (2) and they have 532 homers.  Only 19 players have more than 532 in MLB history. 



Another card back that doesn't add much of interest.  It was mentioned that he missed hitting .300 by one hit. 








4 comments:

  1. I've learned so much from card backs over the years. Some are more bland than others, but it's cool to know some of that player's story you may not otherwise know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far I prefer the 1981 write-ups. My disappointment is because I love the card backs. Of course the Sportscaster cards have lots of room to write. I've enjoyed reading them and I will start posting some of my favorites soon on my other blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was a kid... I thought Buddy Bell was going to be a hall of famer one day. Lol. He did have a pretty solid career though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know what is a HOFer anymore.

    ReplyDelete