Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Wednesday, June 3, 2020

A Bad Time to Be Too Busy to Post - Nice Kellogg's Article

The coronavirus has really impacted all of my jobs.  That's okay, but it has just kept me busier than ever.  e-learning, communicating with athletes and working my office job have all become much more time consuming.  On top of that, one of my courses has a newly-designed AP curriculum for next year.  That will keep me busy all Summer long.

Speaking of Summer, my job at the golf course has changed due to the restrictions imposed on the golf industry for the safety of everyone.  That has resulted in a lot more time with e-mails, parental consents and kids who are itching to make some money.

If that wasn't enough, our school is converting to a new computer system next year.  That will add some work to my Summer too.

My dad was struggling with health issues this Spring.   He passed away a few weeks ago.  Add this to everything else and I haven't really checked out my cards in many weeks.  

No cards shows exist.  There are no flea markets either.  I haven't been buying much on ebay lately.  I haven't had much time to write, but then the best Kellogg's article I've seen in a while appears in the Sports Market Report - check it out here.  I was fortunate enough to have a few nice conversations with Kevin Glew about Kellogg's cards and some of the conversation made it into the issue.  

Here is the link again - 



7 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely sorry to hear about your loss. I hope your summer gets back to somewhat of normalcy as soon as it can.

    When you have a moment, I saw some 4-color separation proofs at my local card shop from the 1980s Kellogg’s set. Not sure if that is something you might be interested in. It looked like a small stack and the top one had a $30 price tag on it. Anyway, let me know as I know if anyone could save them it would be you. Thanks and again, my condolences.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly would love to get at least one of those since I've got none in my collection. Thanks for thinking of me when you saw those. Let me know more about this sometime.

      Delete
  3. Hi I saw an old post that you were looking for the no date Xograph variations from 1971. Are you still looking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still looking for the same ones I posted since I've added very little to my collection since the winter.

      Delete
  4. Hi are you still looking for the Xograph variation cards from 1971?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still looking for the 1971 variations. I've gotten nothing new in months.

      Delete