Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Sunday, January 30, 2022

Not Your Typical "My mom threw my cards away" Story

I may have mistakenly been thinking that 1975s were harder to come by in cereal boxes.  Leave it to mom to add her insight into this.  I was visiting my mother today and I posed a question for her.  I was still hurting from not winning the auction yesterday and 1975s were on my mind.  

I let her know that I got lots of 1974 Kellogg's cards as a kid and lots of 1976 Kellogg's cards as a kid.  Those are two of my favorite sets.



I let her know that we went through a lot of Kellogg's cereal boxes in both of those years, as we always did to get these cards.  I asked her what was going on in 1975 and what did I do wrong to not get as many cards.  My sister brought up my typical failing grades in handwriting (yes, we got graded on that), art and music.  Nah, that couldn't be it.

Mom was quick to figure this one out.   I guess I was lucky that in 1974 and 1976 she didn't have twins like she did in 1975.  Having the twins in June meant that my sisters were probably helping with the shopping at times.  Not good for me.  

So, are these in shorter supply?  Now I only know why they were in short supply around my house.  Oh, and I am grounded for not liking mom's excuse and its impact on my collection.




2 comments:

  1. I'm glad your mom was able to help you solve the case of the '75 short supply.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But she still won't give back the Daryle Lamonica card that I gave her in the early 1970s.

    ReplyDelete