Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Tuesday, August 4, 2015

I Missed Getting an Autographed Kellogg's Card at the Sneak Peak on Wednesday

Rollie Fingers appeared at the National on Wednesday for VIP autographs and then for anyone else during the card show that evening.  I didn't get the VIP ticket this year because I could only attend the show on Wednesday.

Since I was only attending on Wednesday I made no effort to even find out where he'd be signing.  I saw a line near one of the corporate booths, but I didn't stop to see who was signing.  I didn't have time for that.

It would have been nice to say hello to Rollie Fingers.  His stats were similar to Gossage's stats.  Fingers had 342 saves and 114 wins in 17 seasons.  He was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 1992.

Pitchers today get more saves because of the situations that managers use them.  Fingers won a Cy Young Award and MVP Award in 1981.  Besides that he got Cy Young votes in 3 other seasons and MVP votes in six other seasons.  The writers certainly knew his contributions to the team.

He was a seven-time all-star who led the league in saves three times.

No comments:

Post a Comment