Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Saturday, August 1, 2015

A Great Card and an Enlightening Conversation About Kellogg's Cards

I made it a goal to stop and talk to someone about Kellogg's cards at the National Card Show.  Luckily, the opportunity presented itself.

I knew that Beckett Auctions and Goodwin Auctions had included Kellogg's proof cards and uncut sheets in recent auctions and that they might have more in future auctions.  I stopped by the Beckett booth and asked about their auction site.  That was a great question to ask.

Rob from Beckett is in charge of their auctions and I had the opportunity to talk to him about the recent addition of Kellogg's items in their auctions.  I told him that I purchased a few items in the last two auctions and he mentioned another auction will be coming up soon.

I glimpsed a 1968 Topps 3-D card in the case and asked him if I could take a picture of it.  The front looks great but the card is graded as a 2.  He explained the back.  Since this card was being used in the production process as a proof, it was glued to something.  Check out the back of the card.  I like this type of card more than a normal one because it was part of the making of these cards.




Enjoy the card and check out the auction sites in the future.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I would like to have that. That's a beautiful photo of RC, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone would love to have that card. It is probably the most sought-after card from the 1960s. Check out some prices that it sold for online. It's never going to happen for me on my salary.

    ReplyDelete