Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Kellogg's Cereal Box Dream #16 - They Were the Best of Seats; They Were the Worst of Seats

When I went to the White Sox game on Monday and had the royal treatment.  I ended up getting what they call "Scout Seats" even though I saw neither a scout nor a radar gun.

For those who haven't experienced this, I hope you get a chance to do so.  It started with an all-you-can-eat buffet which was amazing.  It was followed by unlimited food, drink and dessert throughout the game.

For those who think that this is the norm for me, a few days earlier in Kansas City I had Standing Room Only seats and I never sat in a stadium seat the entire game.  A few days before that we had my favorite seats in the first row of left field at Coors Stadium in Denver.

Now to the real story for today's Kellogg's post.  After the buffet we were taken past the visitors' clubhouse and on to our seats.  During that walk there were lots of pictures of former players visiting the ballpark.  The picture of Floyd Bannister was quite a surprise.


1983 Kellogg's Floyd Bannister #57

1983 Cereal Box rating -- 5    comment --   Shown as a Mariner; now on the White Sox.        



2015 Rating                    -- 5    comment --     Card doesn't do much for me.




Of all of the players in the photos, Bannister was the only one I didn't recognize.  The dark hair was gone - how's that for the pot calling the kettle black?  Maybe he just looked a lot older than I thought or maybe I just don't remember his as well since he was an A.L. player for 13 of his 15 MLB seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment