Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Friday, March 23, 2018

More About the Basketball Cards

I was planning to write about the Kellogg's basketball cards again today if I could find a way.  It became easy to do when I got this item in the mail today. 



These look like they were packaged for a discount store.  Does anyone know where they were sold with this packaging?  According to the packaging, the cards had a value of $7.00 when sold in this format.  The back also mentions that the cards were randomly inserted into Raisin Bran boxes. 

Why was I thinking about basketball?  For the second time this week I decided to spend a few minutes before school shooting around in the gym since the basketball coach was there.  The first day was uneventful, but today was quite different.

Why was today different?  Three of my runners walked through the gym and laughed at me, before even watching me do anything.  I would have been okay with their behavior if they at least waited until I missed 12 shots in a row, but no.  They just chucked and went on their way.  Ouch.

4 comments:

  1. They are not 3-D and the pictures aren't great. Do you want a set?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ll pass. The only guy I would want is Bird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My guess is that these were sold at retail places like Kaybee and Target back in the mid 90's. Never actually saw them myself though. It's a great looking set, but I hate that they're slightly bigger than normal trading cards, so the few that I own aren't in mint condition due to storage issues.

    ReplyDelete