Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Curled Kellogg's Cards

Some years are just worse than others.  The first picture shows a few 1970 Kellogg's baseball cards that I picked up recently.  Not only are they curled, they are cracked, discolored and the edges are in poor shape.  They might as well have writing on the back to make them a complete wreck.  

I want to focus on the curling.  This level of curling seems to be beyond repair.  Has anyone been successful flattening something that is this bad?




The 1974 Kellogg's card below have what I am used to seeing.  I can accept this.  These cards easily fit in plastic pages.  They also seem to work in top loaders even though that scares me sometimes.


After sorting most of my cards, I don't want to see more curled or cracked cards, so I will probably be buying less this year. 

Do any of you buy curled or cracked cards?  If curled, what is your cut-off?

7 comments:

  1. Did someone store them between cans of green beans?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for making me laugh. At my house in 1970 it would have been more likely to be SpaghettiOs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If they're cheap enough... I'll buy cracked and curled cards... but they gotta be cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lay the curled cards out in the hot bright sun (no wind); they then flatten and can be put in sleeves or pages; they do tend to curl again when they cool off, and some will crack if put in toploaders. That all said I have had some luck with this

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since I am stuck at home I've got some time to try this. But, living near Chicago I might not get hot sun this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found my 75 set while cleaning. It was stored in a snap box and is curled. The Bench was on top and it is cracked along with some others.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1975s are like that. Did they retain their bright colors or fade like lots of 1975s?

    ReplyDelete