Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Saturday, January 4, 2020

Finished With Sorting - Stop N Go Cards too

I finished just in time to start school on Monday.  I've got a few weeks before I start coaching track.  My only link to my cards will probably be the blog during the winter and spring.

I do have a complete set of 1971 Kellogg's football cards.  They are not all clean and bright, but they are a lot nicer looking than the 1971 Kellogg's baseball cards that I have. 



The Stop N Go were issued in 1979 (18 cards) and 1980 (48 cards).  The Cowboys and Steelers cards are the ones that seem to be most challenging to find.  The 1979 set has Walter Payton and Roger Staubach.  Archie Manning is one of the most popular cards in the 1980 set.  

I only found three players who appeared in Kellogg's sets and Stop N Go sets - Fred Dryer, Joe Greene and Bob Griese.  Did I miss anyone?

I have the 1982 Kellogg's Raisin Bran football set, but since I bought them as sets I don't need to do any sorting.  Yeah! 

4 comments:

  1. Just saw that 1979 Stop 'n Go Staubach on 4 Sharp Corners and considered grabbing it, ended up passing on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was my favorite QB when I was a kid. I've found the other Cowboys in a lot, but no Rogers were included.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's a PSA 8 for $10.79: https://4sharpcorners.com/42798359

      Delete
  3. That's a good price but I rarely pick up graded cards. I've been skeptical of grading new cards since one of the first ads. It showed a large pile of 1989 Donruss Craig Biggio cards that were graded. I thought there was no way anyone would send a card for grading when it was worth 10 cents. Just another time I've been wrong.

    ReplyDelete