Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Sunday, July 2, 2023

Kellogg's Cards From Japan - Do They Exist From 2009 - YES!!!!!!!

https://thiscardiscool.blogspot.com/2015/03/a-look-at-and-checklists-for-kelloggs.html 

I've been looking for any example of Kellogg's cards from Japan issued in 2009.  I have yet to see any.  I have some from each of the other years, but none from 2009.  Does anyone have any information about this set?

I see a listing on ebay for one, but it doesn't seem to be anything other than an SP Authentic card.  

I found them on ebay.  Search for Japanese cereal cards baseball.  I am not sure I will pay that much for them since they are from the back of the box.  If they had all six it might make my decision easier.  

Here are some pictures.  Five are available from the same person - Kosuke Fukudome was not listed.




11 comments:

  1. I used Ryan's 2009 checklist to look up 2009 cards of Akinori Iwamura on TCDB, but didn't see anything related to a Kellogg's set. Obviously not every card is documented on TCDB, but at least it gives you an idea of how rare these 2009 Kellogg's cards are... if they even exist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I probably added the set to SCF back then, but unfortunately I have no idea where I got the information 13 years later. Probably Yahoo Auction or some Japanese blog. Somewhat telling that I didn't add them to TCDB. Possibly I was mistaken and had left SCF before I could correct my error. Guess I need to start digging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that they have been found, I have added the set to TCDB, sans card numbers.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for your comments on this. None of the cards from the Kellogg's Japanese series show up much. I will keep looking for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found them!

    https://blog.goo.ne.jp/life454/e/b6939d03ad3bf03409d5ba762b1bd1e1

    Trying to nail this down further, but now we have a photo. For some reason, perhaps to be more "educational" Kellogg's produced a set of small rulers with baseball players on them. I think the cards may have been cut from the boxes, but I'm looking for images of the backs of the boxes to see. I did find another image of the front of the Japanese equilavent of Coco Krispies that shows the 6 players from the checklist on the front.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great find. Are those the same as regular issued cards from one of our USA products? They look familiar.

      Delete
    2. Doesn't ring any bells for me. No luck finding better pictures of the boxes. All my results are flooded with recent stuff. 2009 is starting to feel like the dark ages for web content. I found another reference to a blog with a post on the set, but it wasn't available in the Internet Archive and the actual site is long gone.

      Delete
    3. I didn't collect new cards at that time, but they look familiar. I will dig a bit.

      Delete
  5. Nice! I was being way too specific with my searches, I see.

    ReplyDelete