Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Friday, September 18, 2015

I Can't Resist Unopened Kellogg's Baseball Cards, Especially Cubs

Pitchers have never been my favorite players on the Cubs.  That's probably because in my ten years playing baseball I only pitched twice.  Did I mention that if I knew my ERA it was probably similar to my 5k time.  


Some of my favorite cards featuring Cubs are of Bruce Sutter.  My favorites are his 1981 Topps card and this 1978 Kellogg's card.  

Sutter was the first pitcher to be successful using the split-finger fastball.  He turned to the pitch due to an injury which caused him to no longer be effective with his other pitches.  That sounds like how many pitchers turned to the knuckleball.







No comments:

Post a Comment