Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Friday, October 9, 2015

Kellogg's Factory Sets - Where are They?

I've been searching everywhere for Kellogg's factory sets.  These were available via a mail-in offer on the boxes that I was never allowed to send away for as a kid.  There's an interesting part of the story that I won't tell here but maybe if I see readers at a National I can tell you about it in person.


I decided to open this 1981 Kellogg's factory set. 


Now that I've gotten all of the Kellogg's cards except a few variations from 1971 and 1972, I am seeking the factory sets.  Those from 1979 - 1983 are readily available so that isn't an issue.  Earlier ones are another story.

1970 - I've seen football ones more often than baseball.  They sold a bit higher than my budget.  I need to start selling other stuff so that I can get one of these.

1971 - Kellogg's didn't make any for baseball or for their final football set.

1972 - I don't see these ever.

1972 ATG - I missed one a few days ago.  They show up more than any earlier sets.

1973 - these have been available and at a decent price.  This is probably because the 2D cards from packs stay in shape so there is less need to open a factory set to find pristine cards.

1974 - 1976 - I don't see these at all.  This surprises me.

1977 - 1978 - Not available often either, but at least I've seen a few.

If you see these let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment