Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Thursday, October 1, 2015

Who Played in the Most Playoff Games During the Kellogg's Era (1969-82)?

Here is the list of most games played in the post-season from 1969 through 1982.

Tied for 8th with 44 games - Lou Piniella, Graig Nettles, Sal Bando

Tied for 4th with 45 games - Steve Garvey, Bill Russell, Davey Lopes, Johnny Bench.  Garvey had 63 hits in those 45 games.






Russell was mentioned before as someone who played a long time but didn't get a Kellogg's card.  He certainly played in lots of post-season games.


Third with 48 games - Paul Blair.


Second with 58 games - Pete Rose.  Rose was quite a player in the post-season.  He had 75 hits in those 58 games which included 5 home runs.  




First with 71 games - Reggie Jackson.  He hit 18 homers in those 71 games.


2 comments:

  1. I got the first two right! At first (after Reggie), I chose Joe Morgan, but then I remembered that Rose played for Phlly, too. For # 3, I had (as a tie) The Dodgers or Reds Infield of the 1970s. # 4: Joe Rudi. (I guess not. I thought he was on the Red Sox at the end. I just checked, but he played for half a season.)

    I've heard of Paul Blair. Once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good analysis. We got a lot of Oriole autographs when the National card show was there twice recently. I think Blair was signing. He made the post season five times with Baltimore and twice with the Yankees.

    ReplyDelete