Kelloggs Cards

Kelloggs Cards

Thursday, February 23, 2017

A Unique Addition to My Kellogg's Card Collection

A long time ago I wrote this story about caddying for Peter Jacobsen.  It was a fun day and my caddie friends have recounted stories from that day many times.  Here is the link to that post -

Peter Jacobsen Story From My Youth

The story fit into the Kellogg's card plan on this blog because Ron Santo was involved.  I didn't know at the time that I wrote the post that Jacobsen also had a Kellogg's card.  In that last year I found out that Jacobsen was included in a set of autographed cards in some Kellogg's product(s).  Since I collect golf stuff I really wanted to get this card.

Last week I saw the Jacobsen card listed on ebay.  I had never seen it listed before.  I was a bit hesitant to buy it since I don't like to spend more than a few dollars on a card.  I'm glad that I did because it is a great card.  I still need Yamaguchi, D. Robinson and Aaron.  I'm not willing to pay the prices needed to get Robinson and Aaron.



Does anyone know how available this card was in 2007?



2 comments:

  1. First time I've seen this card. It's awesome! By the way... thanks for giving me a heads up on the Wilkins. It arrived today in the mail. So far I have the Yamaguchi, Wilkins, Robinson, Aaron, and Aikman. I obviously need this Jacobsen. Is there any other athletes you've seen from this set?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen any others at this point.

    ReplyDelete