Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Wednesday, May 30, 2018

1972 Kellogg's Baseball Card Backs - #04 - 06

This set has been taking me a long time.  School is over in a few days so I hope to get some other topics going soon.  I haven't been picking up any new cards lately, so maybe I can update my want lists. 

Back to the countdown. 

#06 - Pete Rose



Rose hit .304 and it was considered a bad season.  His career average at the time was only .309. 

Rose is proud to be the first "singles" hitter to make at least $100K. 

Kellogg's says he has "inexhaustible pep at all times."



#05 - Bill Parsons



Parsons is listed at 6-6.  That can be intimidating on the mound.  

GM Frank Lane is mentioned since the Brewers traded Marty Pattin.  Parsons is now set to be the team's ace.  

He played Little League, Pony League, Colt League and Connie Mack League.  Other than Little League, the others aren't mentioned at all.  We still used those terms when I played.

Not on the card - he only played four MLB seasons.  Check out ESPN's review of his career.





#04 - Wilbur Wood


Wood threw left and batted right.  I always like to see that since that is mostly what I did.  

Not on the card - from 1961 to 1965 he started his career by going 0-for-36 at the plate.  The next year he was 1-for-16.  He managed 17 hits in 1972 and his career average was .084.

He went from pitching 88 games in relief to becoming a starter winning 22 games a few years later.



No comments:

Post a Comment