Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Thursday, May 3, 2018

How Would You Rank These Hostess Products?

I'm interested in collecting the Hostess panels from 1975 - 1979.  I really prefer to get the entire box as that is how I remember them.  About five years ago I would see some lots on ebay, but that hasn't happened at all lately.

Here is my ranking of Hostess products that I've tasted -

1.  Ding Dongs - frozen
2.  Ho Ho's - frozen
3.  Suzy Q's - frozen
4.  Cup Cakes - frozen
5.  Donettes
6.  Fruit Pie
7.  Crumb Cakes
8.  Twinkies
9.  Snow Balls

Which ones did I eat the most?

1.  Fruit Pies - my friend's brother drove a Hostess truck and that was the only product he seemed able to give us for free.

2.  Twinkies - they lasted longer in our kitchen than other Hostess products when my parents bought them.  Don't get me wrong, they didn't last long, but sometimes the box of Twinkies would be around for at least an hour if everyone was out.

3.  Ding Dongs and Ho Ho's - I could easily eat these while riding my bike home from the golf course after a long day of caddying. 

Which one did I not want to buy if I were home with my many siblings?

1.  Donettes - I'd have to share them which would leave me with hardly any of them.




My question - how many players in the 1975 - 1979 Kellogg's sets did not make it into the Hostess sets?  I will probably do the analysis when school gets out, but if someone has already done that please let me know.

5 comments:

  1. I've thought of doing the Hostess-Kellogg's comparison but never seriously checked into it.

    Have you ever eaten Twinkies as a grown adult? They're gross. However, I could still eat about a dozen Ho-Hos. (Also, correct ranking of Sno-Balls at the bottom).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've thought about building a 1976 Hostess Panel set. Love the red, white, and blue design. My favorite Hostess product has to be the raspberry Zingers. Although... the fruit pies are damn good too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved those too, but those were Dolly Madison products in my day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really don't like Twinkies now. I still could eat too much of everything else.

    ReplyDelete