Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Some Nice Surprises in the Mail Today

David from New Jersey sent me a nice e-mail recently about the blog.  He mentioned that he had a few cards for me.  Today I got a great surprise in the mail.  That gave me something fun to do when I should have been completing college letters of recommendation that are due tomorrow.

Here's what the box contained -

He must have checked my site fairly well to see that I needed this Osteen variation.  Now I just need McDowell - assuming that the Drago isn't really a variation?


A few more of these stickers.  That's good since I've used some of them - and they still work even though they are from 1970.   Here's the old post on the iron-ons - Iron-Ons Test



A beautiful set of 15.   I am trying to get some of the others from 2010+. 



He also included a variety of other 3-D cards. including a Ryan Howard numbered to 99 from the Topps Lineage set. 

I've never seen anything like the Upper Deck Vintage Sosa card below.  I will need to find out how many are in that set.  It certainly resembles a 1981 Kellogg's card. 

I've got the same question with the Vintage Cabrera - how many cards are in that set?



Bo knows Honus?  It's a great shot of Bo, but I've got a photo of Bo coming out of the starting blocks at a college track meet.  Thanks to a friend who took that photo.  Now I've just got to find it since I moved about 10 times since getting that photo.

David must have quite a collection since he's got doubles of the Wagner card.  Now I've got doubles too.


4 comments:

  1. I still have a set of the iron one from 1970

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never seen those 1970 iron ons. Found an Oakland A's one on eBay and just grabbed it. Thanks for sharing these on your post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know which ones you need. I believe there are only nine different teams - including the Giants. I might have extras.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the offer, but I won't be building this set. I just wanted the A's for my PC.

      Delete