Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Monday, October 1, 2018

What Year is This Kellogg's Factory Set?

This was given to me recently and I haven't  compared it to my other factory sets.  This is just a quiz for you.  You need not submit an answer.  I will check it out when I get time next week.


6 comments:

  1. Is there a secret way to tell the year on those factory sets? If so... I'd love to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think so exactly, but there are many different sizes of these factory sets. I think the codes on the mailer can be matched up too. I'm too busy this week to dig through stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My guess is 1981 Kellogg's - The Phillies first world championship commemorative Kellogg's set! :)

    It looks like this one on Ebay:

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/1981-Kelloggs-3-D-Superstars-Unopened-Complete-Factory-Sealed-Set-66-Cards-NOS/372426208134?hash=item56b654f386:g:dY4AAOSwQDhbVREo:sc:USPSFirstClass!08072!US!-1

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't compare it to any others yet, but I think that it is not 1981, which is a bigger box because the cards are larger. I have factory sets from at least 1978 - 1983 so once I get time next week I will get to those sets and compare the sizes and mailing codes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For some reason the link I posted now shows an opened set. Here's another 1981. Trying to size the box based on the stamp indicating how to open the box:

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/1981-Kelloggs-BASEBALL-3-D-Unopened-Factory-Set/362413085758?hash=item546180d43e:g:rikAAOSwExlaWiuh

    ReplyDelete