Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Saturday, February 22, 2020

Where Are The Nice 1975s and 1971s?

I've decided that my new project will be upgrading my 1975 and 1971 Kellogg's card sets.  I don't have all of the 1971 variations but I have at least one of each card.  Most of them are in need of upgrading.

I'm not ready to pay for 1971s so I will start with 1975s.  The color of the cards varies greatly on these sets.  The nice cards have a great, shiny color.  The poor ones, like most of my collection, look much darker.

Do any of you see many of these at card shops and card shows? 




I constantly see cracked and faded cards for these two years.  I know that 1971 had no factory sets, but what happened in 1975?  Did they not have extra inventory of factory sets that some dealer(s) bought at the end of the promotion?  

No one talks about the 1975s, but I have only seen one factory set for sale on ebay in about 10 years.  Does anyone even have one so that I can see a picture?

Besides the 1975 factory set, I am looking for factory sets from 1970 - 1978.  I have 1973 and 1978 sets but I wouldn't mind upgraded to newer looking packages.  I also have the All-Time Greats from 1970.  Is there a 1972 factory set of All-Time Greats? 


1 comment:

  1. Don't think I've seen any 70's factory sets in person... except for maybe 1979. Heck... I rarely see reasonably priced 70's Kellogg's in general.

    ReplyDelete