Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Saturday, March 28, 2020

Why Did Kellogg's Do That?

In 1977 I'd be checking out the back of the cereal box while hurrying through some Frosted Flakes before walking the paper route and heading to the golf course to caddie.  Yes, we had to walk the route and put the paper either between the doors or in the mailbox - give the customer what they want.  

Kellogg's didn't do the best job of selecting players for us kids to see when diving in to find our 3-D card.  At no point in 1977 would I have been happy to get the six guys shown above Pete Rose.




On the box below I would have been happy to get Brett or Madlock and I would have been okay with a Ron Cey. 




When I posted about years with the least amount of players who appeared in more than one Kellogg's set, this set came to mind immediately.  As far as the other years I had no idea.  Here is what I found - of course, I could have miscounted a bit. 

Least cards depicting players who appeared in another set - 41

1974 and 1977.  Since 1977 has three more cards in its set, it has the lower percentage.

The 1981 set had the most repeaters with 57.  That doesn't surprise me since the player selection seems really good in that set.   But, the 1973 set, with 49 repeaters in a set of only 54, has the highest percentage of any year. 

I was expecting some sets to have a lot less repeaters. 

2 comments:

  1. Interesting information. Have you ever done this with number of hall of famers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will do that someday. It keeps changing since the HOF is letting more guys who were from this era. Maybe someday.

    ReplyDelete