Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Saturday, December 4, 2021

Does Anyone Else Have Collecting Projects That are Not Likely to Be Completed?

 I can hope to find a few of the the Kellogg's variations that I need at some point.  On top of that, if I find them I can probably afford them.  Other projects will probably not be in my reach.

I'd like to get 75 different unopened packs from 1970, one for each player.  With recent prices, there is not a chance that I'll be getting some of the stars that I need.  That's too bad because I had gotten a bunch of these packs a few years ago.


Another project that might never get close to completion - unopened 1-card packs of 1971 Kellogg's baseball and football.  I have 10 of each so far.

I am having much more success with the 1970 football 1-card packs than I am with their baseball counterparts.  I added one 1970 Kellogg's football pack this week so now I have half of the set (30 of the 60).  

It sounds good that I'm halfway done, but I need the following which could be expensive - Dick Butkus, O.J. Simpson, Gayle Sayers and a bunch of other Hall of Famers. 

I think that there is some hope for getting the 1970 football set since it only has 60 cards.  It also helps that less people collect football it seems.   

I plan to keep working on a 1961 Topps set in VG-EX condition.  I was quite close to completing it around 1980, but I lost some of the cards in a basement disaster.  I think this one is possible since, unlike Kellogg's cards, there are always lots of 1961 Topps cards available at the National.  

Are any of you chasing Kellogg's sets of any kind?  Any impossible ones?  1968 3-D?

7 comments:

  1. I got a starter batch of 1958 Topps. Have been filling out the rest pretty steadily, but that guy Brown has a rookie card that is a bit pricey...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch. I hope you are not looking for a highly-graded card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not even looking for a graded card at all

      Delete
  3. I finally have all the Kellogg's cards I need (all the Phillies). It took me a few years, but I was able to track down the 1971 Dick Selma "career strikeout" variation. All my collecting quests are by definition impossible and/or never ending so that I never have to stop looking for something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My thoughts exactly. Let the chase continue. Congrats on getting all of the Phillies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd like to get all the Zeenut cards. But seeing as there are over 3,000 of them and they're hard to find, it's probably not going to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know there were so many of those.

    ReplyDelete