Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Monday, June 26, 2023

Opening a 1979 Kellogg's Factory Set - Someone Opened It Before I Did

 Another set that I bought recently that was not sealed.  So, I decided to look through it today.  Many of the cards were still connected, but most of them loosely.


Here is what I saw when pulling the cards out.  It was obvious that the cards were not disturbed much by whoever opened the set.  Sadly, the Parker and Carlton were both badly cracked.  The bright colors on the cards were nice to see.


I kept a few of them together because they were firmly connected.  Only the Bruce Sutter was cracked.



Add these nine cards to the list of those cracked in this set.  10 / 60 were cracked.  I was lucky with the 1978s, but this group of 10 included better players including two HOFers - Sutter and Carlton.


Besides having nice colors, the cards are quite flat.  






2 comments: