Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Still Looking - Does Anyone in Dallas Know How I Can Find More of the Benanti Collection Xograph Cards?

 I see a few cards on COMC.com and sometimes on ebay that are from the Benanti Collection.  When Beckett graded them they were labeled as such.  I picked up a bunch of these when Beckett Auctions was working with the Benanti family to sell the items.

A Beckett employee let me know that the family had more items for sale, but they didn't continue with Beckett Auctions.  Has anyone seen more of these cards anywhere?

I liked that they offered cards that were one-of-a-king proof cards.  Here are a few that I own.






Here are the mainstream cards of the two proofs from above.  Since I have nothing better to do, I found that the signature location changed from the proof to the released card.  The change was an improvement for the Gehrig card, but I am not convinced that the Williams card is better with the change.





I assume that there are others that have changed, but I haven't seen that many of the proofs.


1 comment:

  1. Don't live in Dallas... and not familiar with the Benanti Collection... but this kind of stuff is very interesting to me.

    ReplyDelete