Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Monday, April 25, 2016

How Did I Miss This Last Year on This Day?

Last year on this date I talked about players who appeared on Kellogg's cards for three or more teams - Players Appearing on Kellogg's Baseball Cards for Three Different Teams - or Five?  Rick Monday was one of the players mentioned in the article.  His cards shown below were also shown.

What did I miss about the Rick Monday post from a year ago today?  It was on this day in 1976 that Rick Monday pulled an American flag away from two guys who ran onto the field at Dodger Stadium in an attempt to burn the flag.  Check out the video which can easily be found online - try nationalpastime.com.


Most of the 1971 and 1974 cards of Monday that I see are not in great condition.  Those first nine cards in 1974 consistently are cracked.

Monday also got three hits in the game raising his average to .365.  Bill Madlock also added three hits as the Dodgers won in 10 innings.  Steve Stone was the starting pitcher for the Cubs.

Lately, I've been busy with the high school seasons for me as a coach and as a parent - I don't coach my kids either.  Once that winds down in a few weeks I look forward to getting into more detail about some Kellogg's card backs.

No comments:

Post a Comment