Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Sunday, November 19, 2017

Two Weeks Goes By Fast

I've been so busy and without my Macbook that I didn't even realize that I hadn't posted in a while. 

Today I went to a card show in Rosemont, IL.  I almost went to one in Ohio yesterday, but the timing didn't work out while I was in town. 

I picked up a nice 1972 Kellogg's Clemente, a 1974 Gibson and a bunch of 1971 cards in VG-EX(?) condition.  I don't have a great skill at grading cards, but these were not cracked, had decent corner and decent, but not great colors.  Alas, no new variations but at least I got two upgrades.

Over Thanksgiving I will try to combine two broken Macbooks into a functional one while I await a new one from work.

Back to the show.  The highlight was talking to a dealer from Wisconsin who was more collector than dealer.  He had lots of Kellogg's cards including a 1970 Unopened football set and a large stack of unopened Kellogg's baseball cards from 1970 and 1975.  He has been mentioned in a few articles on Kellogg's cards a dozen years ago.  I will try to track them down and add those articles here.   

3 comments:

  1. Gonna add a 1972 Clemente to my collection at some point... but I'm trying to track down a 1970 Clemente first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Actually... the reason those two years are significant is 1970 is my favorite Kellogg's design... and 1972 is my birth year. However... with that being said... if I found a 1971 Clemente at a bargain price, I'd have no problems adding it to my collection.

      Delete