Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Sunday, July 8, 2018

Flea Market Failure

The weather and my schedule finally cooperated allowing my first visit to a flea market this year.  I heard numerous sellers talking to others about how few weekends they'd been able to set up this year. 

It was almost like an antique show - there was lots of old stuff to check out.  I rarely have seen Starting Lineups at this flea market.  Today at least 10 dealers had more than a box full of them.  I bought a Jim Everett for $1. 

There were lots of junk wax sets and miscellaneous 800-count boxes  Some were as cheap as $5 per box.  I didn't see any that I needed to have and carry around with me. 

There were Wacky Packages, older cards, many dealers with beer can collections or comic books and a few dealers with older cards.  Most had high prices of no prices listed.  It did remind me that I would like to get the Wacky Packages.  My mom didn't throw away my cards, but the stickers didn't survive.  My fault on that since I didn't keep them in the closet with my cards. 

Kellogg's cards - I saw none.  I spent $1 total.   I hope that doesn't happen when I go to the National.   

1 comment:

  1. Temperatures in my area have heated up... but my flea market finds have definitely cooled off as of late. I did find some Kellogg's at a card show a few weeks ago. I'll be posting them later in the week.

    ReplyDelete