Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Friday, December 14, 2018

Miles and Miles and Miles

I am running a one-mile race tomorrow.  Since I've gotten the Layman database re-loaded onto my macbook I can get back to the searches that I like to do.

It turns out that there have been very few MLB players with the first names of Miles or Myles.  I found two up until 2016 - I really need to update the data now that I've restored it.  I found five players with a last name of Miles.

None of these players got onto a Kellogg's card.  So, I went the extra distance and attempted to find someone who had a Kellogg's card.  Nope.  I got desperate and used the Spanish word Milla.  Hey, that will work.  Felix Millan will have to do.  He is in the 1976 Kellogg's Baseball card set.



I will try to get back to the cards.  Millan was also included in the 1974 Kellogg's set.

Update - I ended up racing someone named Miles.  Since my qualifying time wasn't very fast I ended up running with lots of kids between the ages of 12 and 16 along with some old guys instead of being with the 17 - 30 year-olds who run fast.   I ended up far in front by the end of the race with a time around 5:18 - 5:20.  Unfortunately, the FAT system screwed up and had me at 5:27 and not even winning my heat.  It was a good starting point to try getting myself under 5:00 by the Summer.

1 comment: