Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Wednesday, January 13, 2016

My Favorite Kellogg's Sets - Why I Love the 1979 Set

I spent way too much time on the 1979 set.  Looking at the fine print to find errors and copyright differences is a slow process.





There are really two different sets.  The first is the set on thin card stock with the white border.  The second version has a thick card stock and the border color is some kind of cream color.


I haven't gotten any new variations lately.  I still need to confirm how many available possibilities exist.



I have no problem with the smaller card size.  Unfortunately, lots of the thicker stock cards tend to curl.



Nolan Ryan was 10-13 in 1978 so he didn't get into the 1979 set.   There is a good group of stars with Brett, Jackson and Rose.  Someday I will need to see which set did the best job depicting the best stars possible.

I used to see lots of these cards on ebay in the past.  Now I see lots of sets, but not any large lots.  This seems to be the first set that is readily available as a factory set.  Will that hurt its long-term value?  The value doesn't impact how I rate the sets.

No comments:

Post a Comment