Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Monday, January 4, 2016

The "Original Padre"? I Guess I Should Check the Other Teams Too

So, Ollie Brown was the Original Padre since he was their first player selected in the 1968 Expansion Draft.



Bob Bailor was the first Blue Jay selected.  The first Expo and Pilot drafted both appeared on a Kellogg's card so I will save them for another day when I mention all of the first picks.

Back to Ollie Brown who passed away in 2015.  His brother Oscar played for the Braves for five years.  Another brother, Willie, played for the Raiders and coached in the NFL.  I remember Willie the most.

I remember getting Topps cards of Ollie and Willie as a kid, but I really don't remember Oscar.  Sorry about that Oscar.

Ollie played from 1965 -1977, so the Padres at least picked someone who lasted.  He played four seasons with the Padres.  He had 20+ homers in two of those seasons and he finished with 102 career home runs.






No comments:

Post a Comment