Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Friday, January 22, 2016

Reggie Jackson is Done With the Yankees But Not with Kellogg's Cards

On this day in 1982  Reggie Jackson signed with the Angels after spending five years with the New York Yankees.  Kellogg's was able to get him in an Angels uniform for their last set.


Jackson went on to hit his 500th homer as an Angel.  I think he also was an Angel in the Naked Gun movie(s).  He finished his career with the A's in 1987.  That team had lots of career homers with Canseco, McGwire, Cey, Lansford and Tettleton.

I disliked a lot of things about Reggie.  Here are a few.

1.  He intentionally moved into that thrown ball during the World Series.
2.  He was in the World Series while my team wasn't.
3.  He was so annoying on TV that I couldn't even try a Reggie bar.

Number 3 is a big one if you know me.  If I do a Sporcle quiz on chocolate bars I can usually ace it.  I was always willing and able to try everything in the candy aisle.  That paper route money sure went to good use when I wasn't buying baseball cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment