Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Saturday, August 26, 2017

I Went to My First Auction Today

Wow! What a great auction to attend.  My wife and I enjoyed it thoroughly for about two hours.  It will probably be going on for a few more hours today.  My wife didn't even go the the auction, but she really enjoyed one thing - I didn't make any purchases.

There was only one lot was labelled as containing Kellogg's cards.  The lot had a monster box with one row of Kellogg's cards (maybe 2/3 of the row) and Post cards (new ones(, one row of Hostess cards, an empty row and a nice stack of at least 50 Hostess panels.  The Kellogg's cards were mostly 1981, 1980 and 1974 and the 1974s were curled.

Unfortunately this lot was combined with another monster box that had a bunch of small sets.  I didn't spend a lot of time checking out the entire lot, but the bids went way beyond what I'd pay for the lot.  Maybe there was something else good in the lot?

I did learn from my first auction that I should certainly check out the lots in advance.  I will do that next time, which might be tomorrow.

Here is a link to a thread where this auction is discussed:

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/985256/chicago-area-topps-unopened-collectors

2 comments:

  1. 50 Hostess panels. That lot sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It could have been more than that. Since I didn't go before the auction I didn't take a close enough look at them. Today I went early to preview items of interest. I didn't stay for the auction at all.

    ReplyDelete