Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Thursday, August 10, 2017

More About the 1968 Topps 3-D Cards

I rarely see a 1968 Topps 3-D card that is not graded.

Here are the totals from PSA.

571 cards have been graded.

Those with only one are Rick Monday, Tommy Davis and John O'Donogue.   These three were found without a team designation so they might be some kind of prototypes.  I don't know why they are not listed as such like the Brooks Robinson.  I have seen two of these three on a sheet at the National.  Luckily, I took a picture.

Check out how different the O'Donogue and Tommy Davis look.




There is also a Brooks Robinson prototype with only one graded.  It was not included in this count as it is listed separately by PSA.

26 - Boog Powell

28 - Mel Stottlemyre

32 - Jim Lonborg

32 - Rusty Staub

36 - Curt Flood

36 - Ron Swoboda

48 - Bill Robinson

51 - Roberto Clemente

56 - Tony Perez

67 - Jim Maloney (includes both variations)

78 - Willie Davis

78 - Ron Fairly


Are there many of these cards not graded?  Are there many graded by the other grading services?  If anyone is a member of the other services please let me know what numbers you see there.



It was great to hold onto both of these items at the National two years ago.  I won't ever own these unless I will the lottery.

2 comments:

  1. I've never really ranked the different oddball sets... but this has got to be a contender for top dog... along with a few of the Kellogg's sets.

    ReplyDelete