Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Saturday, August 5, 2017

World's Longest Yard Sale Finds

I spent part of Friday and Saturday traveling along the World's Largest Yard Sale in Ohio and Kentucky.  We had lots of fun looking at an incredible variety of items and talking to people from all over the map.

On day one the only Kellogg's cards I saw were a few 1981s and 1992 all-star set.  Luckily, on day two I found a small lot of oldest cards.  Of course they are curled as badly as one would expect.

It turns out that I didn't need any of the 1971 variations.  I am stuck on 154 different cards.




There are a few things from my childhood that I've been searching for - when the price is within reason of course.  Number one on that list is an MLB Standings Board from the 1970s with the magnets.  I saw a similar NFL one at the National.  

One of the next ones on my list turned up at the Yard Sale and the price was right.  So now I own another old game that I plan to play with my kids, and probably when no one is home.  Does anyone remember this one?  Rebound was a family favorite.  There aren't a lot of pieces and the board is really solid, so I don't know why it took so long to find it.  Maybe the flimsy box?





6 comments:

  1. Oh, sure, I remember Rebound well. Played it not only as a kid, but as a camp counselor in my college days. Fun, simple game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Renound. Completely forgot about

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you gave to find some SSP's

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't ever seen an SSP. I haven't gone to toy shows since Starting Lineups were popular - that's been a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The World's Largest Yard Sale sounds like heaven. Never played Rebound, but it looks interesting. I'm a big fan of board games. Played around a few new ones last week with my nieces.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowwwwwwww.... Like Mark Hoyle I completely forgot about Rebound, but I spent a lot of time playing it as a kid... one of my friends had it.

    ReplyDelete