Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Saturday, January 6, 2018

Is Anyone Planning on Attending the National This Year?

The National is in Cleveland this year at the beginning of August.  This is a perfect time for me to attend since it is after summer school is over and before Fall sport coaching begins.  I'm hoping to attend on Wednesday and Saturday.  

I've attending the shows in Cleveland before.  It's always been a good event.  I haven't found lots of Kellogg's cards but I've always found a lot of oddball cards and good prices.  

Here is the website - http://nsccshow.com/.

I know that it is early to plan, but with teenagers at home, coaching during the Spring and everything else in life, thinking about a great card show keeps me going as we keep getting temperatures under 15 degrees around here.

4 comments:

  1. I am hoping too. I've never been to the National

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been fun each time, even when I don't find lots of stuff that I want. I always end up finding people to talk to and lots of stuff to check out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say "no". There's always a chance that I'll change my mind, but it's hard for me to commit. Bottom line is the money. Last time I checked (maybe 2 years ago), it was gonna cost me $700 to $1000 for my flight, food, car rental, and hotel alone. For that money, I can take down a few of my hobby white whales.

    I definitely want to go at some point, but it'll most likely happen when (if ever) it comes back to the West Coast or when I coordinate it with other travel plans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's too bad that the National no longer goes west of Chicago. I realize that there are lots of reasons for this. It's hard to imagine for me since here's how I got to my first National in the early 1980s.

    Two of my brothers, both under the age of 12, and I took the 'L' toward O'Hare. At the end of the train line we then walked over a mile to the show. Boxes were cheap so we had to haul about 60 wax boxes back to the train and then from the train to my college room. I've never seen so many unopened wrappers in my life. Fun times.

    ReplyDelete