Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Monday, February 12, 2018

Cleaning Up Today

Time to get rid of junk from my room.  I also need to organize things better.  I'm trying to collect Hostess card panels from the 1970s.  I prefer the entire box like this one.  I'm mostly interested in 1975s and 1976s.  




I'm training hard for a few races, so I need to resist buying an entire box of Ding Dongs and putting them in the freezer.  That is the best way to eat them.  Growing up with a big family, they'd never get fully frozen before they were all eaten.  

My friends and I collected Hostess and Kellogg's cards in the 1970s because it was just them and Topps during most years.  We found it fairly easy to get the Topps set so then we'd spend time of the other sets.

Here is one of my favorite items that I plan to display.  Do you recognize it?




How about now?





Here's the last picture.  Does it help?




These items are all about 11 x 17 so they should display quite well.  


Hint #1 - That's not fair giving a guy a shot down there. 

Hint #2 - I'm sitting here on Capitol Hill.

Hint #3 - Hurray, I'm for the other team.

7 comments:

  1. Hostess uncut panels are cool, but a pain in the butt to store. I'll pick them up from time to time when they're cheap. As for the artwork... Schoolhouse Rock? Can't picture the one with baseball though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet Rufus Xavier Sarsparilla would know....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love to see the Schoolhouse Rock fans. I thought it was Interjections, but that was football - "Hooray, I'm for the other team!". It is in Verbs. Sure, you got RXS, but do you who is telling the story - Albert Andreas Armadillo (no relation to the Sasparillas).

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Ball hits him in the Head...lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guess the name of these Dongs were called in 75 ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, are you interested in selling any complete Hostess boxes?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't have lots of duplicates and I'd rather trade, but e-mail me and we can discuss - runforekelloggs at gmail dot com.

    ReplyDelete