Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Friday, April 13, 2018

Why No Love For These Kellogg's Cards?

I picked up some of these 1991 Kellogg's cards today.  Even in the wrappers, these cards are quite cheaper than anything else out there.

The cards look nice, but are they the victim of late-80s - early-90s overproduction in the baseball card market?

These cards are fairly indestructible.  If the early Kellogg's cards were produced with the thickness of these cards they'd surely have less curling and they'd look fantastic.




3 comments:

  1. I think you answered your own question. They're from the era of overproduction. With that being said... I still enjoy them. But I'd take an early 70's Kellogg's card over one of these any day of the week. Heck... I'd take a 1983 Kellogg's card over one of these any day of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way too much border and the 3D effect is not that great.. Plus not hard to find makes them only ok with collectors..Nice List of greats though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard to pass these up in the original wrapper for less than $2 per set. I do like the ones shown here a lot better than the 1992 set. I agree that the player selection is great. That isn't the case with the 1992 player selection.

    ReplyDelete