Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Friday, June 29, 2018

I Guess I'm Not Blurry

Posting today more about my track meet experience last night than about Kellogg's cards.  

In an old Michael Johnson commercial he's running by a family so fast that a little kid asks mom - 'why is that man so blurry".  Last night at a track meet I was acting as coach but I was also competing.  The first event was the 4x100 relay and one of my teams was competing.  My event was next so I was helping the kids get ready while sometimes warming up on the track for my event - the 5000-meters.

As I was warming up on the track I ran past a seven-year-old girl who was getting her starting blocks ready for the relay.  As I ran past all she said was "wow" in a nice, loud voice.  A few minutes later I ran past her in the other direction so I decided to stop and ask her about her comment.  

I posed a multiple choice question for her to explain what she meant by "wow".  Here's what I gave her - 
(a) was I really "wow" fast
(b) was I really "wow" slow
(c) was my hair "wow" gray

She chose none of those and quickly replied - "wow, you're old!".  Ouch.  I laughed for a long time and then I even found out that one the coaches from my school is her summer track coach.  

So, to keep with the old theme, who were the oldest players to appear in each Kellogg's set from 1970 - 1983?  My database is MIA so I won't be able to check answers until next week.  


1 comment:

  1. Lol. Awesome. I'll get the occasional "damn"... when I tell my students my age. I'm glad that there are always a few that say I don't look that old... even if I'm older than a high percentage of their parents.

    I'm gonna guess Stargell and Yaz were the oldest at some point in the 80'.

    ReplyDelete