Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Monday, November 19, 2018

A Busy Weekend

Yesterday a few of us journeyed to Madison, Wisconsin for the NCAA D-I National Cross Country Championship.  It was a long day, but it was worth it to be there for this great event.

On the way home we stopped to eat and after ordering I left to get my drink, leaving my son to pay.  Don't get me wrong here, he is in college where we gave him a credit card that he was going to use to pay.  It is my credit card, so I am really paying anyway.

He came over to the drink station without being able to contain his laughter.  When I asked why he just showed me the receipt and told me the discount was given because I was a senior citizen.  Now both of my kids have had non-stop laughter at my expense.  He's the story with my daughter - My Daughter Laughed at Me Too.

It turns out that Culver's gives this discount to those age 60 and above.  I'm not there yet, but it sure was fun for my son to laugh at the $0.83 discount.

Today I went to Rosemont for the card show.  I did buy a beat up 1972 Kellogg's set and only two other cards.


2 comments:

  1. I'd be more than willing to accept a senior discount to save 83¢... especially if it gave others a good laugh. Congratulations on finding a complete 1972 Kellogg's set. I'd love to stumble across one of those at a card show one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The good laughs are becoming too frequent with my kids, my students and my teams. I always get a good laugh too since I don't feel old and I've been told frequently since I was about 10 years old to "act my age".

    ReplyDelete