Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Friday, November 16, 2018

Kellogg's Cereal Box Backs - Has Anyone Summarized These?



I've got a few of these, but I haven't been keeping track of which ones very well.  That will be a goal of mine over the holidays.  Now I just have to hope that I can find them.  

The two 1977s above show different cards.  Now I want to find out how many different boxes existed.  Since the cereal boxes came in different sizes, I'd want to know about that too.  If you look closely at the 1977s it is apparent that they are not the same size.

Has anyone cut the cards, especially if the box is in bad shape?

Let me know what you've got.

5 comments:

  1. I'd love to know this... there are three 1970 Kellogg's box panels on ebay right now and all three have different cards on the backs.

    I've seen the cut cards from the box sold on ebay - never collected them though...

    I have a scanned and enhanced 1972 box panel framed and hanging in my office. It has Jenkins, Melton, Clemente, McNally, Mays, and Messersmith on it. 1972 was the big year I spent collecting Kelloggs cards out of boxes. I had five brothers and sisters none of whom cared about baseball - but we ate lots of corn flakes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen the reproductions but never purchased one.

      Delete
  2. I’ve never cut them. My 80’s box back looks like the one you show

    ReplyDelete
  3. It'd be cool if someone had cataloged all of this stuff back in the day and wrote a book. I'd add it to my bookshelf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even if I could just find people from Kellogg's to talk to so that I could document it. I am still trying.

    ReplyDelete