Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Friday, November 30, 2018

I Couldn't Pass This Up. I Still Haven't Found Out About These Items



Can you figure out who is shown above without looking at the photo below?  If so, then you are much better than me. 

I bought this because I just couldn't resist.  Sure, I can't prove that it is real, but I've only seen about five different cards available in this format over the years. 

Why do I love this card?

1.  It shows everything I liked about baseball players in that era including great hairstyles.  Youngsters are wondering - did players had ears in the 1970s?

2.  The uniform is outstanding.

3.  He is wearing high socks that are just like the ones we wore in Little League.

4.  His glove is really old school.  It is so old, that it isn't even obvious what brand he is using.  That wouldn't happen today because the player would be losing an endorsement.

5.  He is on my favorite team even though he will appear on a Kellogg's card with a different team.

6.  Is he hiding his hand because his famous pitch is easily shown by the unique grip?

7.  It is about nine inches tall, so it looks much better than the small 1980 Kellogg's card that it was used in creating(?).   





Has anyone seen others? 

2 comments: