Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Wanted - Your Horribly Cracked, Damaged 1971 Kellogg's Baseball Cards

 I've officially given up on getting nice 1971 Kellogg's baseball cards for now.  Do you have unloved 1971 Kellogg's baseball cards?  Are they damaged like these cards?




I am working on a 1971 master set in G-VG condition, but that may go on for the rest of my life.  To make things more manageable, I am going to work on a 1971 Kellogg's baseball card set where all cards are damaged.  Most of the cards that I've come up with so far look much worse than the Jim Palmer shown above.



The Clyde Wright card is also probably nicer than the cards I am putting together for a set.  


I need a few stars and a bunch of others.  I can trade something similar for what you've got.  Here is my list.

5 Clemente, 13 Sanguillen, 17 Brock, 21 Selma, 31 Sutton, 33 McDowell, 43 White, 48 Dierker, 51 Gibson, 54 A. Johnson, 60 Palmer, 61 Williams, 62 Torre, 65 Rose, 67 Taylor, 68 Stargell, 70 Osteen

Has anyone else given up on getting a nice 1971 set?  



3 comments:

  1. Yeah. Doubt I'll ever buy or build this set. Stars are too expensive (been keeping an eye out for a Clemente for years).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was the material they used prone to cracking I wonder. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It shouldn't cost too much to build this set in poor condition. If the National happens I can probably find the stars I need in poor condition. They should be easy to trade for even if I give up something in better condition.

    I don't know about the materials they used, but it certainly didn't work well.

    ReplyDelete