Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Will the New ebay Shipping Policy Change How You Buy - or Sell?

 This has been talked about for a while and now it is happening.  

New ebay Shipping for Trading Cards

This will allow for shipping costs of $1 or less, which will include tracking.  

I rarely buy individual cards on ebay - Kellogg's, Sportscaster or anything else.  Why?  A $1 card ends up costing about  $5 - $6 when adding shipping and tax.  Maybe this new policy will change things.  

This might also allow me to get rid of some of the basketball cards that I really don't collect.  


If I needed a common card, like Steve Kline, I would rather wait to find it than pay at least $5 for it with shipping.  

If dealers and collectors get on board with this I may start buying cheap individual cards.  How about you?  Will your buying or selling habits changed based on this news?

 


4 comments:

  1. I've sometimes been able to find individual cards on eBay for less than that, but it can be tough. If more cards start to show up for under $3 shipped, I'd be likely to buy more there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been cutting back in general... so not sure how much of an impact $1 shipping will have. That being said... it can't hurt though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've currently got a few card singles on my eBay watchlist, and they've been sitting there for quite a while for the exact reason you mentioned above: $1 price, $4 shipping cost. Maybe now the shipping cost will come down on some of them. Let's hope so!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I generally ship my cheap cards PWE anyway, so the big change for me will be that the cards will have tracking.

    ReplyDelete