Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Monday, April 6, 2015

1970 Kellogg's Packs at 49 Cents Each! That's Way Too Much

Back in 1970 or 1971 when these packs were being sold, I remember a big display of them at our local Kresge storew.  I can picture the display that was immediately inside the door as I walked into the store.  There was no way I was going to buy 6 cards for 49 cents when I could buy an entire Topps rack pack for less.  

I never bought one of the Kellogg's packs and neither did any of my friends.  I did complete my 1971 set after buying many packs at Kresge.



I'm not making much progress trying to get 75 different unopened packs, with each pack showing a different player on the top.  I have packs to trade, but most have a bit of curling.  I'm okay with curled packs and maybe even packs where the top card has a few cracks on it.

It could be worse I guess.  Imagine if I were trying to get Topps rack packs featuring every player.  

Here are the star players that I don't currently have on the top of a 1970 Kellogg's pack - Rose, Sutton,  F. Robinson, G. Perry, B. Robinson, Aparicio, Clemente, Stargell, Santo, Brock, Kaline, Killebrew and Morgan.

A few of these might be impossible, but I might as well have something to search for when I go to the National each year.  Otherwise, I just end up spending money on stuff that I don't really collect.  Searching the show won't cost much because I'm too cheap to pay the big money that will be required at the National for something like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment