Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Wednesday, November 25, 2015

My Favorite Kellogg's Set - How Does 1978 Rank?

I didn't get  a lot of 1978 Kellogg's cards from Frosted Flakes.  I don't know why since I bought lots of 1978 Topps packs that year.  Recently I've had no problems getting these cards online.  

It seems like more 1978s show up unopened than some of the other years.  I had no problem completing an unopened set and I'm working on another one.


They made sure to include the late 70s Pirates uniforms.


Hooton had a great start to his career as a Cub.


The cards from 1977 and 1978 seem to be the perfect size.  Being a bit wider seems to keep them from curling so much.  


The color scheme is a bit boring after the orange experiment from 1977.  


Most of the cards I see seem to keep their color well.


Cracking seems to be a bit less of an issue than a few of the worst years.




Player selection was strong.  Lots of stars and the players that they took a chance on worked out well.  Eddie Murray was one of those players.  This is the only Kellogg's set to not include Pete Rose.   How did that happen?


The unopened cards look good through the paper wrapper.


A nice group of Cubs in the set too.

Overall I'd rank this set in the top six of the Kellogg's sets.  Once I review each set I will then provide rankings.  Those rankings will change over time depending on how my collecting changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment