Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Happy Birthday to Glenn Beckert

I've got a busy week with hosting a conference championship, two days of parent-teacher conferences and going to a college football game.  So the posts might be short and unimaginative for a few days.

But, it is Glenn Beckert's birthday.  Happy birthday to him.  I do love that he got into the Kellogg's card sets from 1970 to 1972.



I liked his Kellogg's cards and it was disappointing to see his 1974 Topps card that said Padres on the front but depicted him in a Cubs uniform batting at Wrigley Field.  Beckert played in 1974 and a few weeks in 1975 before his career ended.

The Cubs got Jerry Morales who was one of my favorite Cubs.  He played seven years with some really bad teams.  They were so bad that I remember him as a home run hitter.  His season-best home run total was only 16.


No comments:

Post a Comment